As you begin searching for the “perfect home”, your agent will ask you about your needs and wants. To prepare you, look over this list and analyze what you value in a home.
- Age: Do you prefer historic properties, or newer ones?
- Style: Do you have a special preference for ranches, bungalows, or another style of construction?
- Bedrooms: How many?
- Bathrooms: How many? Are they updated?
- Living and Dining Areas: A traditional, formal layout, or a more open, contemporary plan?
- Stories: How many?
- Square feet: How much space?
- Ceilings: How high?
- Kitchen: How big? Recently updated? Open to other living areas?
- Storage: Big closets, a shed, an extra-large garage?
- Parking: A garage or carport? Room for how many cars?
- Extras: Attic or basement?
- Play/exercise room
- Security system
- Sprinkler system
- In-law suite
- Hot tub
- Wooded lot
- Patio, deck, or porch
- Laundry room
- Urban, suburban, or rural
- Commute time
- School district
- Airport proximity
- Restaurant & retail proximity
- Access to major highways and thoroughfares
- Access to public transportation
- Health care facilities
- Parks & recreation
- Length of time you plan to live in the home (your agent can discuss growth trends and projections with you)
Your real estate agent is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give Jackie Ruden Realty Team a call today at 435-272-7710 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.